Hanford’s 56 million gallons of the most contaminated nuclear waste in the western hemisphere is a true horror story. [...]
Bechtel National is contracted by DOE to oversee the construction of a vitrification plant. Vitrification means processing the waste into glass logs [...]
The decision was made to begin construction of the plant before the design had been vetted. Consequently, there are design problems that could lead to explosions or nuclear reactions. [...]
Senators Murray and Cantwell, et al., should be screaming at the tops of their lungs in outrage. Instead, it appears it’s up to us to make our voices heard. Surely they’d all want to hear from their constituents.
read more here Time is of the essence at Hanford site
- Photo: “Fire broke out at nuclear reactor” — “Plumes of black smoke could be seen from a considerable distance”
- California’s San Onofre nuclear plant permanently shut down (VIDEO)
- Japanese Diplomat: We are facing global catastrophe over next 40-100 years because of Fukushima nuclear disaster (VIDEO)
- Fairewinds: Radiation levels actually rising in Fukushima — Started going up again last fall (VIDEO)
- Storied nuke plant becomes environmental wasteland (stripes.com)
Great haste made great waste at Hanford – Fairewinds (nuclear-news.net)
Hanford Nuclear Waste Cleanup Plant May Be Too Dangerous (scientificamerican.com)
- Fukushima is only beginning: whole world maimed
- Chernobyl..1 million dead so far..Fukushima could be worse.