“Man Down!” That’s the cry prisoners shout to the guards when a man needs immediate medical attention. The guards at Corcoran State Prison did not respond to the cry, and hunger striker Billy ‘Guero’ Sell died on July 22, 2013.
The Corcoran prison officials allege that Billy Sell committed suicide. Prisoners tell a very different story…
“Man Down!” shouted hunger strikers to the guards in San Quentin’s notorious prison within a prison, the solitary confinement Adjustment Center on Death Row.
Four of the hunger strikers were not drinking water, as well as
refusing all food.
Fortunately, these Adjustment Center prisoners are still alive. But, to this day, the Warden has not met with the hunger strikers to address their just demands.
In this fourth week of the hunger strike, even people with strong bodies and strong spirits will be in need of immediate medical monitoring. We do not want anyone else to die!
Please send this message to the prison officials (listed below):
*** I URGE YOU TO MEET WITH THE HUNGER STRIKERS NOW and ADDRESS THEIR JUST DEMANDS.
*** I DEMAND IMMEDIATE MEDICAL MONITORING FOR ALL HUNGER STRIKERS.
*** I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE HUNGER STRIKERS TO DIE!
1. To Warden Connie Gipson at Corcoran Prison:
phone: 559-992-8800 ext. 5008
2. To Warden Kevin Chappell at San Quentin Prison:
3. To CDCR Secretary Jeffrey Beard:
To keep up to date on the hunger strike, sign up for the daily list serve by “following” the Coalition blog at www.prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com.
Send your love, solidarity and some postage stamps to a hunger striker:
Mr. Carlos Argueta F-63367; Ca. State Prison – San Quentin 3AC - 15- N;
San Quentin, CA 94974
PHSS Pledge of Alert work group
More from Denver ABC
- Get well card writing campaign for Oso Blanco/Byron Chubbuck!
- U.S. held Japanese anti-imperialist POW Tsutomu Shirosaki transferred
- CA Hunger Strike: “MAN DOWN!” PLEDGE OF RESISTANCE ALERT! (Week of July 29-August 4, 2013)
- PressTV – California prisoners continue hunger strikes in second …California prisoners continue hunger strikes – Features – Al Jazeera …California inmate in prison hunger strike: ‘Each minute has been torturous’Hundreds Still on Hunger Strike in California Prisons As Situation Becomes Increasingly Dire (solitarywatch.com)