Great news! By just 13 votes the Brit Parliament voted against bombing Syria.
This, along with Arab League failure to endorse, French backing off and a snowballing anti-war campaign at home MAY BE ENOUGH to stop the US attacking Syria.
Bad news for US corporations and the arms market. Bad news for the Israelis, for all the imperialist, racist and sexist warmongers who get hot on the idea of blowing people to pieces for their own profit and prestige.
Of course Assad is a dictator, but losing this war can only replace him with a new civil war and an even worse islamist theocracy, the progressive ‘Syrian Revolution’ is already only a minority in the sectarian Saudi and US backed rebel armies.
The only ”US interest” is dominating the region and preparing the next war against Iran. They care nothing for the 355 nerve gas victims. When the Egyptian army massacred over 1000 civilians supporting democratically elected president Morsi, just 2 weeks earlier, they did not even cut back on military aid.
Now is the time for international talks to stop supplying arms to both sides and a strong UN effort to force and bribe all parties to an agreement.
Then maybe real revolutionary changes can begin.
Iranian Commander: Terrorists created Pretext for US attack on Syria (syrianews.cc)
Bombing Syria would make US pilots ‘Al-Qaeda’s air force’ – Kucinich (rt.com)
Syria charade: West bent on war, UN investigation meaningless (rt.com)
US ‘banksters’ have Syria in sights (presstv.com)
U.S. Attack On Syria May Cause World War III: Interview (rickrozoff.wordpress.com)
Lockheed Martin shares up amid news of chemical weapons pretext for war in Syria (21stcenturywire.com)
Syria’s WMD: Real Threat or ‘Pretext for Intervention’? (commondreams.org)
Report: Over 10,000 US-NATO Troops Mass Ahead of Syria Invasion (arabworld360.blogspot.com)
US set to bomb #Syria with Ridiculous Pretext.
US False Flag Pretext for War on Syria (warisacrime.org)
Israeli warplanes bomb Syrian weapons convoy to Lebanon, say officials (guardian.co.uk)
Russia warns against WMD search as pretext for ousting Assad (dailystar.com.lb)
- Syria’s chemical weapons program was built to counter Israel (reuters.com)
- Here Comes Obama & Co, with Guns and Missiles About to Be Blazing in Syria (alternet.org)
- TORY MINISTER ACCUSES SADDAM HUSSEIN OF ATTACK!
- With David Cameron’s shock Commons defeat on Syria sending Conservatives into disarray, it’s no surprise that Defence Secretary Philip Hammond seemed flustered on Newsnight.
- However, that Mr Hammond appeared to forget who Britain had intended to strike against in Syria was even more remarkable.The Tory minister twice referred to “ Saddam Hussein” instead of Bashar al-Assad, mixing up the Syrian leader with the former Iraqi despot who was executed in 2006 . He spoke about “deterring Saddam Hussein from further use of chemical weapons” and that “Britain should not take part in any action against Saddam Hussein”.
- The Assad/Hussein gaffe was widely shared on social media.