10,000 march on UK Parliament,
Anon message, must-see video, files hacked…
On November 5, a reported ten thousand anons marched on the UK Parliament. Many government and other websites around the world have been hacked as well as major sites such as Symantec, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and ZPanel. Below, we post an end of November 5th message from Anonymous.
In the meantime, we present a 90 minute, MUST SEE video that will dispel any myths or preconceptions you may have about hacktivists. The video includes:
1. The origins of computer hacking, from pranks to more politically motivated actions.
2. Hacking techniques (in particular how to DDoS).
3. The first ever video to be released under the name of Anonymous.
4. Interviews with anons, such as Barrett Brown and Commander X.
5. The campaign against Scientology.
6. The campaign against PayPal and MasterCard after the blockade of Wikileaks donations.
7. The close involvement of Anonymous hactivists in the ‘Arab Spring’ uprisings.
8. How anons helped Tunisian activists hack Government information, to be then published by Wikileaks.
9. How Telecomix advisers helped Egyptian insurgents beat a Twitter blockade and how they provided dial-up internet facilities, etc.
10. How anons brought down all Egyptian websites at the crucial moment.
11. How anons hacked HBGary websites, stole 70,000 emails as well as docs conspiring against Wikileaks.
12. The symbiotic relationship between Anonymous and the Occupy movement.
We stand at a unique time in our history, the rise of the internet and computer technology have contributed to an unparalleled rate of prosperity for the First World. We have created for ourselves an empire unlike any other, a global network of constant trade and communication, a new age of technological advancement.
We have come a long way from our humble roots in the Industrial Revolution and the days of Manifest Destiny. We are now pioneers on new digital frontiers expanding our domain from the quantum world to the far reaches of space.
And yet, the empire faces a crisis, a global recession, growing poverty, rampant violence, corruption in politics and threats to personal freedom. As it was before in other times of crisis, the old stories have begun to repeat themselves. The half truths, this time repeated nightly on cable news and echoed through a series of tubes onto the internet: the empire is strong, change is unwise, business as usual is the answer. In times of uncertainty there are those who seek to add to the confusion, to prey on our insecurities and fears. Those who would seek to keep us divided for their own gain. The pervasive strategy takes many, very convincing forms: Liberals and Conservatives, Christians and Muslims, Black and White, Saved and sinner.
But something unexpected is happening. We have begun telling each other our own stories. Sharing our lives, our hopes, our dreams, our demons. Every second, day in and day out, into all hours of the night, the gritty details of life on this earth are streaming around the world. As we see the lives of others played out in our living rooms we are beginning to understand the consequences of our actions and the error of the old ways.
We are questioning the old assumptions that we are made to consume not to create, that the world was made for our taking, that wars are inevitable, that poverty is unavoidable. As we learn more about our global community a fundamental truth has been rediscovered: We are not so different as we may seem. Every human has strengths, weaknesses, and deep emotions. We crave love, love laughter, fear being alone and dream for a better life.
You must create a better life.
You cannot sit on the couch watching television or playing video games, waiting for a revolution. You are the revolution. Every time you decide not to exercise your rights, every time you refuse to hear another view point, every time you ignore the world around you, every time you spend a dollar at a business that doesn’t pay a fair wage, you are contributing to the oppression of the human body and the repression of the human mind.
You have a choice, a choice to take the easy path, the familiar path, to walk willingly into your own submission. Or a choice to get up, to go outside and talk to your neighbor, to come together in new forums to create lasting, meaningful change for the human race.
This is our challenge:
A peaceful revolution, a revolution of ideas, a revolution of creation. The twenty-first century enlightenment. A global movement to create a new age of tolerance and understanding, empathy and respect. An age of unfettered technological development. An age of sharing ideas and cooperation. An age of artistic and personal expression.
We can choose to use new technology for radical, positive change, or let it be used against us. We can choose to keep the internet free, keep channels of communication open and dig new tunnels into those places where information is still guarded. Or we can let it all close in around us. As we move in to new digital worlds, we must acknowledge the need for honest information and free expression. We must fight to keep the internet open as a marketplace of ideas where all are seated as equals. We must defend our freedoms from those who would seek to control us. We must fight for those who do not yet have a voice. Keep telling your story. All must be heard.
Posted from the darker net via Android.
- Anonymous-backed demonstration unfolds outside U.K. Parliament (networkworld.com)
- Bonfire Night sets internet AFLAME: Anons claim PayPal, Symantec (go.theregister.com)
- Anonymous celebrates Guy Fawkes Day with reported PayPal hack (slashgear.com)
- #Op5Nov : Argentina Government Bank hacked and defaced by #Anonymous (ehackingnews.com)
- Anonymous Australia Protests Against Government by Hacking NGO Sites (news.softpedia.com)
- ‘Remember, Remember’: Anonymous marks November 5 with hacks, protests (rt.com)