#PalHunger | millions of people to support Electronic media campaign in support of hunger striking prisoners
December 15, 2012 by occupiedpalestine
AL-KHALIL, (PIC)– Dozens of Palestinian activists have been organizing the largest media campaign to support the hunger striking prisoners in Israeli jails via different social networking sites.
The campaigners said that next Monday will be an international day of solidarity with the hunger strikers in the Israeli jails, especially the captives Samer al-Issawi and Ayman Sharawna, who have been refusing food for nearly half a year.
Dozens of Palestinian and Arab pages on the social networking sites, as Facebook and Twitter, will participate in the campaign, in addition to the participation of the largest Arab networks, the local radio stations and the Palestinian satellite channels on the social networking sites.
The campaigners also said that the number of participants in the Facebook pages, which are preparing to launch the campaign, exceeds 10 million all over the world, adding that this electronic campaign is designed to re-activate the issue of the hunger striking prisoners, after being officially and popularly neglected.
They noted that this solidarity campaign will include introducing the hunger striking prisoners by publishing their photographs as well as the dissemination of news and human rights reports, in several languages around the world.
- Palestinian prisoners to launch another mass hunger strike on Tuesday (bikyamasr.com)
- Health of Palestinian hunger strikers in jeopardy (bikyamasr.com)
- Lebanon camps rally for hunger strikers (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- 15 Injured By Israeli Fire In Jerusalem, Five Kidnapped (imemc.org)
- Gaza rally demands release of hunger strikers (gazasolidarity.blogspot.com)