23rd Feb was the biggest yet. More than 300 organizations have come together in protest at the cuts and to demand genuine democracy. Thousands and thousands have flooded the streets of the cities … But the crackdown has been felt again: indicriminate police charges in Madrid have left 12 people injured and 40 arrested.
Millones de gracias 🙂 Bombero frena el paso de antidisturbios. Emocionante https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MTtpCsaq5Yo# … …! #TodasUnidas23F #23F @BomberosCM
For the first time mass chants called for the abdication of The King, now increasingly implicated in the countless corruption scandals.The peaceful mass protest against the central government closed down Madrid. At the end of the protest as Neptune Sq emptied riot police charged against youth groups and the press with at least 40 arrests. Police also charged against a group of youths in the neighborhood of Atocha after the demonstration against the cuts, which had ended in mid-afternoon in a peaceful manner, with the result of 40 detainees and 12 minor injuries.
Also Emergency Madrid has reported at least 12 injured, with 8 transfers to hospitals. Among the wounded were two policemen who were slightly injured.
- #23F: Citizens’ Tide of Austerity Protests Swamps Spain (commondreams.org)
- Protesters, police clash in Spain (wyff4.com)
- Across Spain, ferment over poor economy (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Occupy the Plaza 2013.. starting already (thefreeonline.wordpress.com)
- Glimpses of Social Revolution… Greece and Spain
- Videos From 14 Nov General Strike in Europe
- General Strike 14N,,Consume NOTHING!.. Shut The BASTARDS DOWN!
- The DOOM LOOP: banks and States in Death Embrace !
- Occupy Barcelona: no Parties, no Leaders..
- La Cooperativa Integral y el Caído del Capitalismo
- Integral CoOps,15M and Occupy.. an embryo for Post Capitalism?
- Greece: Fighting for Revolution as Capitalism Falls
- Truth behind the myth of social Europe (morningstaronline.co.uk)