Huanang/Soulic is the first serious typhoon of the season.
Already some forecasters say it could be a top level Super Typhoon.
Latests forecasts put it’s route more to the south..
It’s now predicted to slam into the northern tip of Taiwan, that is Taipei, Keelung and Wenshan where over 4 million people live.
Especially exposed are the eastern coastal cities of Luodong, Yilan and Toucheng.
Let’s hope Soulic changes course and stays at sea!
Note. One effect of Climate Change is more and more wild weather.
At present there is NO international agreement to control fossil fuel burning (oil, coal gas)
It’s almost too late already to stop emissions at a safe level, because they are cumulative and
take decades to take effect.
Please please if you’re affected by Huaning/Soulic try to get compensation and force the authorities to address climate change.
- Cylone ‘Soulik’ intensifies into typhoon (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Typhoon ‘Huaning’ enters Philippines (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Ahead of looming Typhoon, Google rolls out public alerts for natural disasters in Taiwan, by @SirSteven http://t.co/hTaVEfn1mR (techinasia.com)
- Super Typhoon Bopha (Pablo) to destroy Village..photo
- Super Typhoon BOPHA with 275kph winds to hit Philippines.. update
- 2012.. Worst ever Year for the Planet
- 2011: bad weather or Runaway Climate Chaos?
- Climate Chaos: New monster Typhoon Nalgae to hit Luzon
- Climate Chaos caused #Bopha /Pablo. Oil Companies to be Sued ??