- his brilliant Ted-talk ‘How To Rid The US of Fossil Fuels by 2030′ see below. ,
- slideshow (see below)
- his presentation at the NH3 Fuel Conference : NH3, Food Security, and The Transition to Fossil Fuel Free
- and his coming book “The Infinite Feast: Food Security via Clean Energy”
NH3 part starts at minute 13.00
Lightman is another ‘Mr Fix It’ reformist, albeit a brilliant and powerful one. He wants to destroy the oil giants to fix capitalism, so that it can escape its current blind alley and the USA can still rule the world. However if the alternative is climate chaos and the extinction of millions of species, including our children, his reformism is more than welcome, as a respite while real grass roots revolution can develop.
Whether his recipe can win is another matter. the fossil fuel energy has half the politicians on earth bought and paid for, receiving trillions in still increasing ‘subsidies’.
One example, in Spain the moment solar panels became economic the successful industry was destroyed by proposing a huge tax on using the sun, proposing fines of millions of euros for not registering, and similarily the excellent wind sector was stopped in its tracks by revoking contracts and abolishing subsidies retrospectively. Many corrupt Spanish politicians get honorary board memberships of fossil fuel companies, with huge salaries.
Another example..The British Government has just decimated its own solar and wind industry and announced huge oil industry subsidies at the behest of Tory ‘fossil fools’ criminals woth vesred interests.
Alex Lightman is proving that a Green Revolution is technically possible. Whether it happens depends on the mobilisation, or not, of people power to confront the ‘Death Corporations’ and their political stooges.http://350.org/
- Grab ammonia from Air for CO2-Free Fuel of future: New Scientist
- Toyota’s CO2-free ammonia car.. to hell with fossil fuels!Fossil Fools to be sued for 2.5million Poison Air pollutionDeaths a year?
- Korean ammonia NH3 car to Slash CO2 and Toxic Air
- London Buses could be pollution and CO2 free for just $37m. report
- NH3, Food Security, and The Transition to Fossil Fuel Free
- NH3 from Renewable-source Electricity, Water, and Air: Technology Options and Economics Modeling
- Using Renewable Energy to Produce NH3