President Erdogan, the ”Beast of Istanbul”, has ordered his jets and tanks to pause at the Sajur river before pursuing the SDF forces to take Manbij city.
Will the Turkish State (which has nearly 5,000 tanks) now massacre the lightly armed SDF, which is the only democratic, inclusive, feminist and multi ethnic militia in the whole Middle East just to satisfy the bloodlust and imperial ambitions of Hitler-admirer Erdogan and protect his family’s oil business with ISIS?
Having eliminated all opposition, criminalised the Kurdish politicians and conducted a series of massacres of civilians in Eastern Turkey, Erdogan now invades Syria, accompanied daily by hysterical calls for blood and a new genocide of the 18 million Kurds from the by now 99% state controlled Turkish media.
But just a minute, Manbij is an Arab and Christian city, and after it was liberated from ISIS by the Kurdish led SDF after a heroic 73 day battle it was handed over to the Manbij Civilian Council, which like all towns in the Rojava Revolution is administered with proportional ethnic and women’s representation.
Since its founding last year last year dozens of rebel militias of all ethnic and religious have flocked to join the SDF (see long list below), as they can retain their identities and participate equally, embracing the new ideology of ‘Democratic Confederalism’ of the Rojava revolution. By May 2016 the SDF had up to 80,000 fighters and the percentage of Kurds was about 60% and falling fast (wikipedia).
With 5000 tanks, 300,000 troops and a modern Nato army Erdogan can certainly take Manbij, reducing it even more to rubble, and securing his ‘Arms and supplies for Oil’ business with his islamo-fascist ISIS, Al Nusra and other proxies… but then what? An endless guerilla war on his 900 km long southern border with Rojava? Perhaps this question makes Erdogan pause? … continues below
Also on 29th Aug the SDF attacked ISIS from the west (Afrin)taking 3 villages and killing 13, according to ARA news. The SDF included Jaysh al-Thuwar. YPG, YPJ women and the Turkman brigade Liwa Seljuq. The US airforce helped by attacking IS in the nearby town of Marea.
The Turkish attacks and massacres, with their pathetic mercenary proxies up front, far from attacking ISIS are saving them from total defeat and stopped the SDF offensive which had advanced plans plans to take their last bastion in Aleppo province in Al Bab.
The blatant invasion has also ensured that ISIS still retains a backdoor access to Turkey, west of Jarablus where they and Al Nusra (Al Qaeda) can continue their ‘$30 million a day’ trade in arms and supplies for cheap oil..
Erdogan’s own family has been outed as having a large stake in the bloody business, which has continued for years ‘on the nod’ from the US Nato partners who hoped the Damascus government would fall.
The new Turkish prime minister Binali Yildirim (Erdogan’s poodle) repeats that ”the Kurds must go ‘East of the Euphrates’ before they will stop the invasion. But then again they also repeat ”the YPG/SDF are all terrorists and must be removed to make Turkey safe”.
This would mean that ‘to make Turkey safe’ the Turkish armies and allies need to take over the entire Rojava Democratic Federalist Revolution (an area the size of Kuwait and Qatar combined) and permanently occupy and militarily suppress it (as they do already with the Kurdish areas of Eastern Turkey).
Last time Erdogan tried to attack in Syria the Russians put him severely in his place. Will the US have the guts to stand up to him? Or will they stand back, do a dirty deal and let him wipe out the only effective anti ISIS militias of the SDF?
SDF’s huge growth by additional groups joining . *wikipedia
Since its establishment, additional groups have joined the SDF.
- At the end of October 2015, the tribal group Liwaa Siqur El-Badiye joined the SDF to fight ISIL in the southern countryside of Hasakah province.
- On 15 November 2015, former FSA group Jarabulus Euphrates Brigades announced its accession to the Syrian Democratic Forces.
- On 2 December 2015, the Arab Deir ez-Zor Governorate-based tribe Al-Shaitat joined the SDF, sending fighters to Al-Shaddadah. on 6 January 2016 an additional 400 joined.
- On 13 January 2016, a group called the Euphrates Martyrs Battalion joined the SDF.
- On 20 January 2016, a group called the Free Jarabulus Brigades joined the SDF.
- On 5 February 2016, a group called Martyrs of Dam Brigade from an Arab village called al-Makhmar liberated by the Syrian Democratic Forces in the Tishrin Dam offensivejoined the Northern Sun Battalion and the SDF.
- On 28 February 2016, a group called Martyr Kaseem Al Areef Battalion from Sarrinformed and joined the Syrian Democratic Forces through their member Jaysh al-Thuwar.
- On 10 March 2016, a group called Jund Al-Haramayn Brigade joined the Syrian Democratic Forces through Jaysh al-Thuwar group the Northern Sun Battalion. They are a former member of the Army of Mujahedeen group called the 19th Division. They operate in Northern Aleppo countryside, also have a presence in Aleppo city and Kobani.
- On 12 March 2016, it was reported that more than 200 locals from the earlier liberated areas around the town of Shaddadi joined the SDF, most of them Arabs.
- On 18 March 2016, an Arab group called Liwa Ahrar al-Raqqah joined the SDF.
- On 2 April 2016 the SDF established the Manbij Military Council with the goal of securing the city of Manbij and its surrounding countryside (Manbij offensive). The council also includes a newly established group called the Manbij Turkmen Brigade which joined the Northern Sun Battalion of the Army of Revolutionaries. When after the start of the offensive international media interest in ethnic issues surged, Sheikh Farouk al-Mashi, an ethnic Arab former member of the Syrian parliament, and designated co-chairman of the Manbij City Council stated: “I have a Syrian ID, and Kurds have a Syrian ID. Let those people who talk against us in Turkey and Europe come here and fight ISIS. Why this distortion in media about problems between Kurds and Arabs?” Ethnic Kurdish fellow co-chairman Salih Haji Mohammed stated: “In our social contract, we say we want to have good relations with neighboring countries like Turkey. Any country that does not interfere in Manbij and our areas, we will have good relations with.” A fighter gave his perspective as “we have Arabs, Kurds, nobody knows how many exactly, we all work under the SDF-forces”.
- On 20 May 2016, an additional 225 Al-Shaitat tribesmen joined the SDF Six days later, an additional 75 joined.
- On 20 June 2016, a group called the Tel Rifaat Rebel Battalion, with 250 members, joined the SDF.
- On 23 June 2016, 100 members from an al-Shaitat FSA group called Al-Nukhbat Brigadedefected to the SDF.
- On 23 June 2016, 158 tribesmen from the al-Shaddadah area joined the SDF.
- On 14 August 2016, after securing Manbij, the SDF established the Al-Bab Military Council with the goal of securing the city of al-Bab and it’s surrounding countryside.
- On 21 August, in a similar fashion to the establishment of the Manbij and Al-Bab Military Councils, the SDF established the Jarablus Military Council with the goal of securing the city of Jarablus and it’s surrounding countryside. The council also includes the newly established group, the Manbij Revolutionary Brigades. The commander of the council, General Sattar Jader from Jarabulus Hawks Brigades, was assassinated the next day, the culpret was later arrested.
- On 7 September 2016, the Tel Rifaat based Syrian National Resistance was established.
- On 13 Septmber 2016, the remaining members of the al-Nukhbat Brigade led by Ahmad Jarba joined the SDF, he is the cousin of Al-Sanadid Forces tribal leader Hamidi Daham al-Hadi. The group consists of members from the Al-Shaitat and Shammartribes.
- US betrays allies as Turkey vows to Destroy inspiring Rojava Revolution.
- ‘Emperor’ Erdogan uses pretext of Childrens’ Wedding Massacre..to attack the Victims!
- Help the “others” of the International YPG Brigades: Heroes who save lives with a syringe
- Women freed from ISIS speak out + Desperate Survivors Appeal
- FEED THE REVOLUTION: AN INTERVIEW WITH ROJAVA PLAN
- EXPLICACIÓN DEL ANARQUISMO MUNICIPAL: LA ALTERNATIVA PRÁCTICA DE ROJAVA
- Genocide in Europe: Nusaybin surrenders after 74 days ..in total ruins and deafening silence
- ROJAVA REVOLUTION PLAN: ORGANISING AND FUNDING PROJECTS AND VOLUNTEERS
- INSIDE ANARCHIST-FEMINIST ROJAVA PROJECT (BENEFICIARY OF ‘MILLION’ BITCOIN HACK BY “ROBIN HOOD”)
- Turkish State’s nazi style crimes “Should spark a Worldwide Outcry,”
- REGAINING HOPE IN ROJAVA: ‘WAY BEYOND FEMINISM AS WE KNOW IT’.
- MUNICIPAL ANARCHY EXPLAINED.. THE PRACTICAL ROJAVA ALTERNATIVE
- HOMENAJE A ALPER, ANARQUISTA MUERTO EN EL ATENTADO DE SURUC
- Kurdistan: Freedom for Zehra and 1000’s more.. Homage to slain US volunteer Levi …
- ISIS MASSACRES 25 CIVILIANS IN ROJAVA. WESTERN MEDIA IGNORES IT.
- ROJAVA: THE REAL FRONTLINE AGAINST ISIS; INSIDE THE KURDISH REVOLUTION
- THE SOCIAL REVOLUTIONARY THREAD THAT LINKS THE ZAPATISTAS OF MEXICO & THE KURDS OF ROJAVA
- Erdogan Screams for Blood..News Blackouts on new Cizre massacres, 73 missing.
- COMMUNAL ECONOMY GROWS IN ROJAVA DESPITE WAR
- DILAR DIRIK PROMOTES WOMEN’S REVOLUTION IN ROJAVA
- MORE ANARCHISTS JOIN ROJAVA REVOLUTION AS ISIS RETREATS
- RADICAL CITIES AND SOCIAL REVOLUTION: AN INTERVIEW WITH JANET BIEHL
- ERDOĞAN TRIES TO CENSOR WIKILEAKS. EMAILS GO ONLINE. MEDIA GAGGED.10,000’S ARRESTED AND FIRED
- GENOCIDAL ATTACKS ON KURDISH DISTRICT CONTINUE
- INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM BATTALION CALL FOR REVOLUTION
- UNDERSTANDING KURDISH RESISTANCE: VIA CRIMETHINC
- NEW AUTONOMOUS ZONE DECLARED BY ZAD NDDL IN SOLIDARITY WITH KURDISTAN
- 500 EUROPEANS FIGHTING WITH YPG REVOLUTION: HOMAGE TO KEVIN JOCHIM
- BRUTAL WAR RAGES AS TURKISH ARMY ATTACKS AUTONOMOUS UPRISING
- IS MASSACRES 120 IN KOBANE: TURKISH ASSIST IS TO CROSS BORDER, REFUSED HELP FOR INJURED
- TURKISH ANARCHISTS JOIN KURDS IN LAST STAND IN KOBANE
- DEATH OF FREEDOM: IS AND TURKS UNITE AGAINST KOBANÊ REVOLUTION