info from AL-BAB (Kurdish daily News) – Since Oct 22 Turkey’s Air Forces are blocked from continuing their aerial campaigns in Syria as part of their Euphrates Shield operation, as Syria has activated its S-200 (and possibly S-300) air defense systems against the bombing by Turkish warplanes in Syrian airspace.
The dictator Erdogan boasted on television that he had killed between 160 and 200 combatants. (This number was reduced later by the SDF to about 20, mostly civilians).
On Oct. 20, the Syrian military warned that it would bring down any Turkish warplanes entering Syrian airspace, in response to airstrikes carried out by Turkey overnight in Maarrat Umm Hawsh in northern Aleppo.
On that occasion Turkish air strikes hit a group from the partially US-backed Syrian Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG), which was moving toward al-Bab in northern Aleppo on Oct. 19, which the Syrian statement called an act of “blatant aggression.”
funeral of some victims of Turkish Airforce massacre -Kurdish Cat
“Any attempt to once again breach Syrian airspace by Turkish war planes will be dealt with and they will be brought down by all means available,” the Syrian army general command said in a statement. The presence of Turkish troops on Syrian soil was a “dangerous escalation and flagrant breach of Syria’s sovereignty,” it said. The activation of the Air Defense means Turkish bomber pilots can see the missile radar is locked onto them.
On Oct. 21 Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov expressed concern over Turkey’s airstrikes in Syria. “We are very alarmed about what is happening. As I understand it, we are talking about attacks on areas inhabited by the Kurds,” Lavrov said.
However the Russians left it up to the Syrian Air Defense to target the Turkish aggressors, for fear of upsetting their latest agreements with Turkey, which include a strategic oil/gas pipeline to western Europe.
The Turkey-backed Jihadist terrorists’ advance toward Al-Bab has now stalled due to the lack of Turkish airstrikes.
Turkey launched the Euphrates Shield operation in northern Syria in late August, using its armor and air power to help it’s proxy force of Jihadist fighters to attack the Kurds fighting ISIS.
Though implemented by the Syrian State for their own reasons the Air Exclusion Zone against Turkey is a big help to the partially US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces which are moving on the ISIS controlled Al-Bab from West and East, in support of the democratic Al Bab Council.
According to reports, 5 more villages have been liberated from ISIS and Turkey-backed jihadists. The fall of ISIS controlled Al Bab would create a corridor between the cantons controlled by the Rojava Revolution and free the expanding SDF forces for an attack on the ISIS capital, Al Raqqa.
Air Exclusion Zone against future Zionist attacks.
The Russian supplied S-200 missiles and radar systems also effectively create an exclusion zone against future Zionist attacks. The Israeli newspaper Ynet noted that the missiles can target any civil or military position in the Zionist entity, including Ben Gurion airport. The paper added that the missile can ambush the Zionist warplanes. On September 13 the Syrian Defense Forces shot down two aircraft of the Israeli Air Force in eastern Syria. An Israeli warplane was downed southwest of Quneitra and an Israeli drone west of Sa’sa’. The Israeli air strikes were made in support of the offensive of Jabhat Fateh Al-Sham (formerly Jabhat Al Nusra, Al Qaeda), on government positions in Quneitra. Israel initially denied the losses.
Air Exclusion Zone against US attacks on Syrian forces
The Russian military now has even more advanced air defense systems in place which will ”automatically shoot down US jets if they attack Syrian Government forces”. see: Russian air defense raises stakes of U.S. confrontation in Syria.
Main Syrian Air Defense missiles (wikipedia)
- + S-300 (missile) (SA-10) launchers – Delivered but not completed. Status unclear.
- 48 S-200 Angara (SA-5) launchers
- 320 Lavochkin CP-75 Dvina/S-75M Volga (SA-2) launchers – under upgrade
- 148 Pechora +12 2M Isayev S-125 Neva/S-125M Pechora (SA-3) launchers – under upgrade
- ETC… from wikipedia
- Syrian-Kurdish women carry the coffin of a female fighter in Syria’s northeastern city of Qamishli on July 21, 2016 during the funeral of sixteen fighters killed battling the Islamic State (IS) group in Manbij.
Thousands of IS soldiers were reported killed in the Manbij battles along with about 150 SDF volunteers, including six from the International Brigade.(William Savage, from the US was killed rescuing civilians).
- US betrays allies as Turkey vows to Destroy inspiring Rojava Revolution.
- ‘Emperor’ Erdogan uses pretext of Childrens’ Wedding Massacre..to attack the Victims!
- Help the “others” of the International YPG Brigades: Heroes who save lives with a syringe
- Women freed from ISIS speak out + Desperate Survivors Appeal
- FEED THE REVOLUTION: AN INTERVIEW WITH ROJAVA PLAN
- EXPLICACIÓN DEL ANARQUISMO MUNICIPAL: LA ALTERNATIVA PRÁCTICA DE ROJAVA
- Genocide in Europe: Nusaybin surrenders after 74 days ..in total ruins and deafening silence
- ROJAVA REVOLUTION PLAN: ORGANISING AND FUNDING PROJECTS AND VOLUNTEERS
- INSIDE ANARCHIST-FEMINIST ROJAVA PROJECT (BENEFICIARY OF ‘MILLION’ BITCOIN HACK BY “ROBIN HOOD”)
- REGAINING HOPE IN ROJAVA: ‘WAY BEYOND FEMINISM AS WE KNOW IT’.
- MUNICIPAL ANARCHY EXPLAINED.. THE PRACTICAL ROJAVA ALTERNATIVE
- HOMENAJE A ALPER, ANARQUISTA MUERTO EN EL ATENTADO DE SURUC
- Kurdistan: Freedom for Zehra and 1000’s more.. Homage to slain US volunteer Levi …
- ISIS MASSACRES 25 CIVILIANS IN ROJAVA. WESTERN MEDIA IGNORES IT.
- ROJAVA: THE REAL FRONTLINE AGAINST ISIS; INSIDE THE KURDISH REVOLUTION
- THE SOCIAL REVOLUTIONARY THREAD THAT LINKS THE ZAPATISTAS OF MEXICO & THE KURDS OF ROJAVA
- Erdogan Screams for Blood..News Blackouts on new Cizre massacres, 73 missing.
- COMMUNAL ECONOMY GROWS IN ROJAVA DESPITE WAR
- DILAR DIRIK PROMOTES WOMEN’S REVOLUTION IN ROJAVA
- MORE ANARCHISTS JOIN ROJAVA REVOLUTION AS ISIS RETREATS
- RADICAL CITIES AND SOCIAL REVOLUTION: AN INTERVIEW WITH JANET BIEHL
- ERDOĞAN TRIES TO CENSOR WIKILEAKS. EMAILS GO ONLINE. MEDIA GAGGED.10,000’S ARRESTED AND FIRED
- GENOCIDAL ATTACKS ON KURDISH DISTRICT CONTINUE
- INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM BATTALION CALL FOR REVOLUTION
- UNDERSTANDING KURDISH RESISTANCE: VIA CRIMETHINC
- NEW AUTONOMOUS ZONE DECLARED BY ZAD NDDL IN SOLIDARITY WITH KURDISTAN
- 500 EUROPEANS FIGHTING WITH YPG REVOLUTION: HOMAGE TO KEVIN JOCHIM
- BRUTAL WAR RAGES AS TURKISH ARMY ATTACKS AUTONOMOUS UPRISINGwomen removed and sometimes burned their burqas after ISIS defeat in Manbij
- IS MASSACRES 120 IN KOBANE: TURKISH ASSIST IS TO CROSS BORDER, REFUSED HELP FOR INJURED
- TURKISH ANARCHISTS JOIN KURDS IN LAST STAND IN KOBANE
- DEATH OF FREEDOM: IS AND TURKS UNITE AGAINST KOBANÊ REVOLUTION