Spectacular victories in Rojava for the growing SDF revolutionary democratic coalition with three separate offensives.
The last and biggest ISIS base north of Raqqa in Tal as-Salam has been totally taken over, completing the 1st phase of the campaign in record time. Now SDF plan to encircle the ISIS capital and are convening a new multi ethnic, multi religion Raqqa Council to run it, ( as worked so well in Manbij which also is not a Kurdish city) if it can be conquered..
- SEE ALSO.. SDF Women aim to Send ISIS back to Hell in Raqqa
- US volunteer in YPG ranks: Raqqa operation going well, ISIS unable to resist for long
- ISIS loses major parts of northern Raqqa amid SDF advance
Meanwhile in ISIS held Al Bab area to the west the dramatic situation is changing hourly as The SDF breaks through from east and west and Turkey attacks from the north to block them seizing Al Bab city.
Latest new s, 17th Nov is that the US coalition now ‘withdraw support from the ‘unilateral’ Turkish offensive’, preferring the SDF backed non sectarian Al Bab Council to a Turkish imposed jihadi regime which would be partly just ISIS ‘wearing different hats’. ( The strong suspicion is that IS have ceded large parts of its territory to the FSA and that both forces ”have their wages paid indirectly by the Turkish dictator’.)the non sectarian Al Bab Council will take over if the SDF win.
The Turkish army air force and their FSA mercenaries are at the gates of Al Bab, a city of 100,000. It remains to be seen whether Turkey will be forbidden from bombing the city ( recently Syria promised to shoot down their jets, yet they have been allowed to bomb Al Bab until now.) or if Turkey has an agreement with their IS ex allies to cede the city. IS has long ago moved their main forces and families from the city.
From the east the SDF are trying to liberate a Kurdish town Qabasin held by Islamic State before the Turkish army and FSA who are expanding south (and attacked the Kurds there before). But IS are entrenched in Qabasin so the SDF surrounded the town ( 16th Nov) and surged on west to try and save Al Bab city from the Turks. Bringing them to just 12 kms from a historic meet-up of Kobane and Efrin cantons, with the Turks and FSA blocking their way.
From the west the SDF from Efrin have also made a breakthrough in the last few days after a whole series of bloody battles, victories and defeats against ISIS the FSA, Turkish army and Syrian army, on 17th Nov, taking Halisah and ten more villages from Islamic State
Syrian Democratic Forces on Al Babs front
- Army of Revolutionaries
- Northern Democratic Brigade
- People’s Protection Units
- Women’s Protection Units
- US betrays allies as Turkey vows to Destroy inspiring Rojava Revolution.
- ‘Emperor’ Erdogan uses pretext of Childrens’ Wedding Massacre..to attack the Victims!
- Help the “others” of the International YPG Brigades: Heroes who save lives with a syringe
- Women freed from ISIS speak out + Desperate Survivors Appeal
- FEED THE REVOLUTION: AN INTERVIEW WITH ROJAVA PLAN
- EXPLICACIÓN DEL ANARQUISMO MUNICIPAL: LA ALTERNATIVA PRÁCTICA DE ROJAVA
- Genocide in Europe: Nusaybin surrenders after 74 days ..in total ruins and deafening silence
- ROJAVA REVOLUTION PLAN: ORGANISING AND FUNDING PROJECTS AND VOLUNTEERS
- INSIDE ANARCHIST-FEMINIST ROJAVA PROJECT (BENEFICIARY OF ‘MILLION’ BITCOIN HACK BY “ROBIN HOOD”)
- REGAINING HOPE IN ROJAVA: ‘WAY BEYOND FEMINISM AS WE KNOW IT’.
- MUNICIPAL ANARCHY EXPLAINED.. THE PRACTICAL ROJAVA ALTERNATIVE
- HOMENAJE A ALPER, ANARQUISTA MUERTO EN EL ATENTADO DE SURUC
- Kurdistan: Freedom for Zehra and 1000’s more.. Homage to slain US volunteer Levi …
- ISIS MASSACRES 25 CIVILIANS IN ROJAVA. WESTERN MEDIA IGNORES IT.
- ROJAVA: THE REAL FRONTLINE AGAINST ISIS; INSIDE THE KURDISH REVOLUTION
- THE SOCIAL REVOLUTIONARY THREAD THAT LINKS THE ZAPATISTAS OF MEXICO & THE KURDS OF ROJAVA
- Erdogan Screams for Blood..News Blackouts on new Cizre massacres, 73 missing.
- COMMUNAL ECONOMY GROWS IN ROJAVA DESPITE WAR
- DILAR DIRIK PROMOTES WOMEN’S REVOLUTION IN ROJAVA
- MORE ANARCHISTS JOIN ROJAVA REVOLUTION AS ISIS RETREATS
- RADICAL CITIES AND SOCIAL REVOLUTION: AN INTERVIEW WITH JANET BIEHL
- ERDOĞAN TRIES TO CENSOR WIKILEAKS. EMAILS GO ONLINE. MEDIA GAGGED.10,000’S ARRESTED AND FIRED
- GENOCIDAL ATTACKS ON KURDISH DISTRICT CONTINUE
- INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM BATTALION CALL FOR REVOLUTION
- UNDERSTANDING KURDISH RESISTANCE: VIA CRIMETHINC
- NEW AUTONOMOUS ZONE DECLARED BY ZAD NDDL IN SOLIDARITY WITH KURDISTAN
- 500 EUROPEANS FIGHTING WITH YPG REVOLUTION: HOMAGE TO KEVIN JOCHIM
- BRUTAL WAR RAGES AS TURKISH ARMY ATTACKS AUTONOMOUS UPRISINGwomen removed and sometimes burned their burqas after ISIS defeat in Manbij
- IS MASSACRES 120 IN KOBANE: TURKISH ASSIST IS TO CROSS BORDER, REFUSED HELP FOR INJURED
- TURKISH ANARCHISTS JOIN KURDS IN LAST STAND IN KOBANE
- DEATH OF FREEDOM: IS AND TURKS UNITE AGAINST KOBANÊ REVOLUTION