* It is proposed to use the hashtag #NoAlFrackGasDelTrump to inform and promote resistance to Fracking Gas
Gas Natural Fenosa (GNF) has a contract to receive hundreds of cargoes of the Fracking Gas glut in the US which is causing innumerable cancers, poisoned aquifers and has produced a 2,500 sq ml permanent methane plume over western US visible from space that greatly exacerbates the global climate crisis.
The GNF contracts havbe been signed for 20 years beginning in August / Sept. 2017. But we have found out that some shipments will arrive beforehand during test period. The destination is in secret but will probably be to Barcelona, which has most storage space, or Valencia.
Flood of US Fracking Gas due to arrive in Spain
GNF has already chartered 4 ‘LNG Knutsen’ tankers to do the business. One of them, the new ‘La Mancha Knutsen’, has just left Algeciras (30 March) for Sabine Pass in Louisiana, where the gas is to be collected in the form of LNG (Liquified Natural Gas)
This information is according to the Vessel Finder Site HERE … see destination. Arrival at Sabine Pass April 20th
|Sailing to / ETA SABINE PASS / Apr 20, 09:00|
|CourseN/A||Speed14.3 kn||Current draught9.3 m|
|Gross Tonnage114000 t||BuiltN/A||IMO number9721724|
|Deadweight81605 t||Size290 x 46 m||MMSI224444000|
Faced with these facts, it is more than preobable that they will start with their immoral and criminal Frack.Gas business that seeks private profit in destroying the climate and the world biosphere, and poisons the air we breathe.
If the La Mancha Knutsen is really on its way to pick up the first load of Frack-gas for GNF it will arrive in Spain between the 10th and 20th of May, 2017, which leaves us time to find out which port it will come to.
Many questions remain unanswered, for example:
- Why do we buy fracking gas that can be twice as harmful as coal for the climate?
- Why has there been zero public consultation or participation in a decision which will seriously affect our lives?
- Why have 20-year contracts been signed, ignoring the climate change crisis?
- Why have they agreed to pay for the gas for 20 years anyway even if they do not pick it up?
- How can it be justified to buy at a more expensive price a product obtained with subsidies, social deception and the suspension of environmental water protection laws?
- Were there commissions to tax havens, as usually happens in the fossil fuels industry?
- How can you justify constructing the Cheniere Creole Trail Gas Pipeline which is to supply the gas for Gas Natural Fenosa through an unprotected marsh of outstanding environmental importance?
LATEST UPDATE.. La Mancha Knutsen, one of the tankers leased by Gas Natural Fenosa to bring Fracking Gas to Spain has already arrived at Sabine Pass port in Louisiana, USA, where the fracking gas in the form of LNG is contracted to be collected. Though the contract begins in August 2017 some cargoes may be delivered beforehand in a trial basis.
- A recent study from Harvard, published in Geophysical Research Letters by Turner et al used satellite data over the US and found a 30% increase in methane releases since 2002.
- **UPDATE: The Cornell paper is now available in final, published format here: “Methane and the greenhouse-gas emissions footprint of natural gas from shale formations.”[PDF]
- Stop Frack Oil! Stop Fossil Fuels! ..Save Earth for our Kids!
- First-Ever US Shale Gas Export To Hit Brazil’s Shores With Sabine
- Repsol gana 5% con ‘Fracking’ Argentina
- HUGE SUN TAX OUTLAWS USE OF SOLAR ENERGY IN SPAIN
- The Methane Bomb: New Proof that Frack Gas is Twice as Bad as Coal for Climate
- Watch: River Explodes Into Flames From Methane Coming From Nearby Fracking Sites
- Fracking water causes Cancer: Here’s the proof
- Repsol causes worst ever Fracking Earthquake
- Chris Hedges: Death by Fracking
- Fracking caused 5.3 Quake in La Habra, Los Angeles, closing Disneyland
- 70m toxic frack barrels pumped into California aquifer
- #Fracking Spain Report: Millionaire exposes himself in Public
- Fracking Resistance spreads
- Fracking for ‘tight oil’..huge toxic boom in US.
- BBC changes fracking story to help ‘deniers
EN TWITTER…https://twitter.com/search?q=%23+NoAlFrackGasDelTrump.. #NoAlFrackGasDelTrump