- see also
- Spain gives 12 Musicians 2 years Jail each for Subversive Lyrics
- Rapper on the Run .. Valtònyc, for anti-Royal Lyrics
- 40.000 convicted by Spanish Gag Laws, 6.217 for Insulting Police
- Dozens of Festivals invite jailed anti-royal Rapper Valtonyc
- 8 youths Jailed up to 13 yrs for Bar Brawl with off duty Spanish Paramilitaries
- Fined for Offensive ACAB T-Shirt
- GAGGING SPAIN: DESPERATE CORRUPT PATHETIC POLITICIANS
This March 2018 Spanish rap music video by Valtònyc is a song critical of the Spanish monarchy.
By Alejandro López in Spain:
26 July 2018
A Belgian court provisionally released rapper Josep Miquel Beltrán (stage name Valtònyc) pending its decision on a European Arrest Warrant (EAW) issued by Spain. The rapper fled Spain in May to avoid a three-and-a-half-year prison sentence after being convicted of glorifying terrorism, insulting the monarchy, and issuing threats in songs posted on YouTube and other internet platforms.
Valtònyc has defended his songs saying, “Calling me a terrorist is nonsense … My songs don’t hurt anyone, I haven’t killed anyone. I rap about things that happen, but I’m not a participant.” He invoked freedom of expression in his defense…
View original post 1,314 more words