A judge in New York has suspended the release of Herman Bell, a 70-year-old prisoner who has been granted parole after 45 years in prison. Bell was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for the killing of two New York City police officers in 1971. At the time, he was a member of the Black Liberation Army and a former Black Panther. Since then, he has mentored thousands of young men while behind bars and kept a clean disciplinary record. State-mandated tests show he would pose the lowest possible risk if he is allowed to re-enter society. In March, the New York Parole Board granted parole for Bell, noting he had expressed remorse and was likely to lead a “law-abiding life.” State law requires commissioners to consider such factors, but they’ve only recently started to comply. On Wednesday, a state judge agreed…
View original post 1,686 more words
We are writing with the smell of tear gas rising from our fingers. The springtime symphony of birdsong is punctuated by the explosive echo of concussion grenades. Our eyes are watering, less from the gas than the sadness; because our friends’ homes, barns and organic farms are being destroyed. Bulldozers, supported by 2500 riot police, armored vehicles, helicopters and drones, are rampaging through these forests, pastures and wetlands to crush the future we are building here on the to the zad (The zone à defendre).
We are calling on you to take solidarity actions everywhere, it could be holding demos at your local french embassy or consulate, or taking actions against any suitable symbol (corporate or otherwise) of France ! And if you are not too far away, bring your disobedient bodies to join us on the zone. If the French government evicts the zad, it will be like evicting…
View original post 609 more words
Donald Trump is preparing to ignite the Middle East and move the world a big step closer to total war. There is a very good chance the corporate mainstream media, accomplices in massive war crimes, will be announcing “breaking news” this evening or night that the U.S., in conjunction with its evil twin Israel that bombed a Syrian air base 24 hours ago, has launched a massive attack on Syria “justified” by a false flag chemical attack on Saturday. That such an expanded and terribly dangerous escalation of the war against Syria, whose ultimate goal is Iran and Russia, should come as no surprise to anyone halfway sentient.
Open source intelligence has been available for at least 6 weeks that the world is facing a momentous point of no return unless somehow, against all odds, sane voices miraculously intervene to stop this push for world war, which could very well end with nuclear war. But don’t count on it.
I am sick at heart at the thought of what is coming. When will we ever learn? What follows were warnings shouted out in the only places – alternative media sites devoted to truth – that care to prevent such carnage. Imagine your own continuing timeline, if you can bear to do so. Somehow, some way, we must find ways to awake those Americans asleep to the evils conjured up by their own government before it is too late. I really don’t know how, but can’t resign myself to giving up, for if I do, I give up on humanity, the “humanity” Trump says so glibly is at stake as he prepares to shed more blood. Continue reading Sleepers Awake, We are Heading toward Imminent Disaster
Russia & Syria call for on-the-ground probe in Douma, pledge to provide security to OPCW experts
Doctors in Syria’s Douma refute reports of patients suffering from chemical poisoning
Earlier Syrian Red Crescent Society doctors told the media all rumors about patients with chemical poisoning were not true
EASTERN GHOUTA, April 9. /TASS/. Syrian doctors in Douma have dismissed rumors they are treating patients that had been brought to them with symptoms of chemical poisoning, the Russian center for the reconciliation of conflicting parties told the media on Monday.
“Syrian doctors in Douma have dismissed the rumors they had received patients suffering from chemical poisoning. In an interview to the media doctor Yaser Abdel Majid, of the city hospital, said that they had never received patients with chemical poisoning either last weekend or since the beginning of hostilities in Syria,” the reconciliation center said.
Earlier, staffers of the Russian center for reconciliation had questioned doctors and other personnel of Douma’s hospital. The medics said that “all those who had received their medical aid had ordinary injuries, fractures and fragmentation and gunshot wounds.”
Eye witness accounts
There has been confirmation of this from ambulance driver Ahmed Saur, who has worked in one of Douma’s districts for the past several years and by virtue of his profession sees the patients doctors go to. Continue reading Red Crescent Doctors deny Chemical Attack ..Russia calls for Expert Probe
At 03:22am yesterday morning the cops arrived at the D281 at Ardillières and Bois Rignoux. The evction of the ZAD occupation started. If you want to contribute to our live blog; You can send your pictures, videos, reports and analysis. Go to our submit page: here (should resume today Tuesday).
Go to DAY 2: HERE
Updates/ original click : HERE
first 24 HRS VIDEO battle: HERE
starts at the bottom!
10:20pm Monday 8th April 2018 We will end with our live coverafe for today. But we will be back tomorrow. Thanks for reading! Go to DAY 2 HERE
09:40pm Most demos in solidarity with ZAD across Fance have now ended
09:33pm ZAD: It seems like cops are driving with trucks on Chèvre street. They didn’t manage to do that this afternoon. People are asking for support. They think the cops might try to arrest people as revenge.
09:22pm Meanwhile in the ZAD… Cops are at the entrance of Chèvre street (at the Bison side).
— Zone À Défendre (@ZAD_NDDL) 9. April 2018
09:04pm Cops also attacked the demo against the eviction of ZAD in Toulouse, France.
08:59pm Demo against the eviction of ZAD in Rennes, France now marching to university. Cops are following them. Continue reading Live Blog: The Eviction of #ZAD #NDDL : #ZADResist!
A brief post from OffGuardian, collating all the known events surrounding the build up to the alleged chemical weapons attack in Douma, Syria on the 7/8th of April 2018.
- February-April 2018: The Syrian Arab Army has been making quick, decisive gains on the ground in recent weeks. Eastern Ghouta has all but fallen. Barring foreign intervention, the Syrian government’s victory is now all but assured.
- March 13th 2018 Russian military command claims US is aiming to strike Damascus on an “invented pretext”. Advises them against it.
- March 13th 2018 Syrian forces reported finding caches of chemical weapons in labs around liberated areas of Ghouta.
- March 19th 2018 Russian and Syrian military figures reported they feared the rebels would stage a “false flag” chemical attack in order to drag US/NATO into action in Syria.
- March 30th 2018 Donald Trump told a crowd at a speech in Ohio – and later repeated in a tweet – that the USA would be pulling out of Syria “very soon.” This is met with consternation in the capital and across the media.
- April 6th 2018 UNSC meeting convened – at Russian request – to discuss the alleged attack in Salisbury, UK. Every member of the UNSC who spoke was categorical in their condemnation of any use of chemical weapons.
- Night of April 7th/morning of April 8th…a chemical attack is reported by the US/UK funded “White Helmets”. The US blames Syrian govt. and holds Russia “responsible”.
With these facts as they are, we should ask a few questions:
1. Why, with the current international focus on chemical weapons, why would Assad hurt his cause by attacking a non-military target with chemical weapons?
2. With global political discussion focusing more on Saudi Arabian war on Yemen, the Skripal attack, and Israeli violence against Palestinians, why would Assad choose this moment to conduct a chemical attack and potentially distract from these issues?
3. The Syrian Arab Army is currently operating in Douma, why would Assad risk dropping chemical weapons that could hit his own troops?
4. The POTUS has publicly stated he intends to pull out of Syria “very soon”. Why would the Syrian Government endanger this development?
5. Cui bono? Who has the most to gain from this chemical attack? The SAA, who are already winning the war, or the cornered jihadist forces in desperate need of aid and air support?